Re: [R] R licence

From: Allan Engelhardt <>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 13:07:41 +0100

The licences are available on the web site and you really should have yor lawyers look at them and give you professional advise.

The GPL2+ is probably the relevant one for your purposes and essentially require you to provide the source for the parts of R that you distribute.

However, the R licencing is a mess with core packages not on a GPL licence. We looked into it and it is a nightmare and I don't even think the UK CRAN mirrors are strictly speaking legal. So look carefully at what you use and get advice from somewhere other than a mailing list.

happy to discuss the UK side of things offline if you want, but I never looked at other jurisdictions.


        [[alternative HTML version deleted]] mailing list PLEASE do read the posting guide and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code. Received on Thu 07 Apr 2011 - 12:09:32 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Thu 07 Apr 2011 - 13:10:28 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.

list of date sections of archive