Re: [Rd] Win 64 package build - ERROR: loading failed for 'x64'

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 09:09:13 -0500

On 24 June 2012 at 08:00, John Nolan wrote:
| I did use the name, sorry for mistyping the name in my message as
| I changed the extension on the library names from *.lib to *.a in the output below precisely to avoid complaints from this list; sorry for the confusion caused by missing 2 occurrences.
| The 64 bit library works fine: I can compile, link, and run a stand-alone test program that uses the 64 bit library test_win64.a. Since that works fine, I suspect the problem is somewhere in the process where R builds and links the 64 bit DLL. It may be a configuration problem, but if so, I don't understand why it does not show up in the rcmd build stage?

In cases like this I prefer to carry things over from working examples.

Try looking at a similar problem --- I often go back to the "digest" package as it is plain, simple, just plain C, without external dependencies. If your package has other languages or dependencies, try to find something that matches its profile. The compare the setup, and the output created when running the relevant commands.


Dirk Eddelbuettel | |

______________________________________________ mailing list
Received on Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 14:12:04 GMT

This quarter's messages: by month, or sorted: [ by date ] [ by thread ] [ by subject ] [ by author ]

All messages

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 15:40:30 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.

list of date sections of archive