[Rd] Encoding errors in Rd files

From: steven mosher <moshersteven_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:08:39 -0700


Well, I'm working on project trying to bring back an old package last published on R 1.9 back to life.
I'm almost there but I am getting killed by an encoding error in the Rd files

After reading the manual, I decided to try UTF-8. Mostly because I could spell it. ha.

That got me a bit closer but I still have these warnings

I'll keep searching the help list archives for a clue, but If somebody could point me at educational material it's really time that I learn this aspect.

I've read http://developer.r-project.org/Encodings_and_R.html

How do I figure out which encoding to use with the error seen above

Steve

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]



R-devel_at_r-project.org mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel Received on Tue 24 Jul 2012 - 20:20:09 GMT

This quarter's messages: by month, or sorted: [ by date ] [ by thread ] [ by subject ] [ by author ]

All messages

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 07:40:33 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.

list of date sections of archive