Re: [R] rgl.postscript

From: Duncan Murdoch <murdoch_at_stats.uwo.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:10:18 -0400

On 5/29/2007 1:53 PM, coar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having an issue when creating a postscript file from RGL window. It
> seems to cut off some of the axis labels. Here is the code I am using.
>
> I created a 3D plot using RGL_0.71 with R 2.5 on Windows XP.
>
> z1<-c(5,4,1,4.5,2,3,2,1,1)
> z2<-c(6,8,7,7.5,5,3.5,4,1,1)
> z3<-c(3,2,4,7,3,4.5,6,2,3)
> x1<-seq(1,9)
> x2<-seq(1,9)
> x3<-seq(10,18)
>
> y1<-seq(8,0)
> y2<--1*y1
> y3<-rep(0,9)
> m1<-cbind(x1,y1,z1)
> m2<-cbind(x2,y2,z2)
> m3<-cbind(x3,y3,z3)
> m3<-rbind(m2[9,],m3)
>
> up1<-m1[,-2]
> up2<-m2[,-2]
>
> lp<-m3[,-2]
> p1<-rbind(up1, lp[-1,])
> p2<-rbind(up2, lp[-1,])
> sp1<-spline(p1)
> sp2<-spline(p2)
>
> sp1m<-cbind(sp1$x,sp1$y)
> sp2m<-cbind(sp2$x,sp2$y)
>
> ge9<-(sp1$x>=9)
> ge9recs<-seq(1,length(ge9))[ge9]
>
> b1<-sp1m[ge9recs,]
> b2<-sp2m[ge9recs,]
>
> b1b2<-cbind(b1[,2],b2[,2])
>
> bavg<-apply(b1b2,1,mean)
> blow<-cbind(sp1m[ge9recs,1],bavg)
>
> path.one<-rbind(sp1m[-ge9recs,],blow)
> path.two<-rbind(sp2m[-ge9recs,],blow)
>
> uy1<-9-path.one[-ge9recs,1]
> ly1<-rep(0,length(ge9recs))
> y1<-c(uy1,ly1)
>
> uy2<--1*(9-path.two[-ge9recs,1])
> ly2<-rep(0,length(ge9recs))
> y2<-c(uy2,ly2)
>
> m1<-cbind(path.one,y1)
> m2<-cbind(path.two,y2)
> d.mat<-rbind(m1,m2)
>
> open3d()
>
> points3d(x=d.mat[,1],y=d.mat[,3],z=d.mat[,2],size=3)
> lines3d(x=m1[,1],y=m1[,3],z=m1[,2],size=3)
> lines3d(x=m2[,1],y=m2[,3],z=m2[,2],size=3)
>
> I then added axes using
>
> box3d()
> axes3d(c('x--'),tick=TRUE,nticks=5)
> axes3d(c('z--'),tick=TRUE,nticks=5)
> axes3d(c('z++'),tick=TRUE,nticks=5)
>
> title3d(main = "Test 3-D plot", sub = NULL, xlab ="Lag", ylab = NULL, zlab =
> "Dissolved O2", line = NA)
>
>
> I did some rotation to determine a nicer view of the plot. I now wanted to
> create a snapshot of the plot (using rgl.postscript since I will be using in
> LATEX). However, it cuts off some of the axis labels. Is there a way to
> adjust the area that gets captured to the postscript file? or some other way
> to fix this?

You could try resizing, or using Latex to put the labels on the plot, but there is no parameter to control what gets cut off. You should also be aware that the Postscript support is somewhat limited, and you might be better off using a bitmap copy with rgl.snapshot.

Duncan Murdoch



R-help_at_stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code. Received on Tue 29 May 2007 - 19:13:54 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Tue 29 May 2007 - 19:31:18 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.