[R] How to partition sample space

From: spime <sabya23_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 23:50:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi R-users,

I need your help in the following problem. Suppose we have a regression problem containing 25 predictor variables of 1000 individuals. I want to divide the data matrix ( 1000 x 25 ) into two partitions for training (70%) and testing(30%). For this reason, i sample 70% of data into another training matrix and remaining 30% into testing matrix using pseudorandom numbers (for future analysis).

I need some efficient solution so that we can generate both matrix with minimal time.

Thanks in advance.

Sabyasachi

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/How-to-partition-sample-space-tf3888059.html#a11021390
Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

______________________________________________
R-help_at_stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Received on Fri 08 Jun 2007 - 06:54:29 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Fri 08 Jun 2007 - 07:31:54 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.