[Rd] RSQLite indexing: summary

From: Thomas Lumley <tlumley_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:09:23 -0700 (PDT)

I asked about slow indexing in RSQLite for a genetic database. Seth Falcon's suggestion of making sure that the identifiers were stored as integer rather than string made a big difference. SNPs come from the factory as "rs100092" and stripping the "rs" off the front is easy.

Other advice about larger or smaller SQLite cache size didn't seem to have much impact in my setting, and I didn't try the advice about getting a different database.

Despite it's many other virtues, SQLite is still slow at indexing.

Thanks to all.

     -thomas=

Thomas Lumley			Assoc. Professor, Biostatistics
tlumley_at_u.washington.edu	University of Washington, Seattle

______________________________________________
R-devel_at_r-project.org mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel Received on Tue 23 Oct 2007 - 23:10:54 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Thu 25 Oct 2007 - 11:37:11 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.