Re: [R] Very simple question on plot

From: John Kane <jrkrideau_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:38:01 -0500 (EST)


There is probably a better way but something like this should do it for your second version.

aa <- 1:20
bb <-  c(5,10,15,20 )
cc <- c(25, 50, 75, 100)

plot(aa)
axis(side=3, labels=cc, at=bb)

> Hi,
>
> I try to make a plot like this:
>
> Y |
> |
> | o
> | o o
> | o o
> | o o
> |o o o
> |--------------------------------
> 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 (A)
> 100 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0 (B)
>
> or
> B
> 100 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0
> Y |--------------------------------
> |
> | o
> | o o
> | o o
> | o o
> |o o o
> |--------------------------------
> 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
> A
>
> A and B are complementary variables.
>
> How is the best way to make this plot?
>
> Thanks
> Ronaldo
> --
> > Prof. Ronaldo Reis Júnior
> | .''`. UNIMONTES/Depto. Biologia Geral/Lab. de
> Biologia Computacional
> | : :' : Campus Universitário Prof. Darcy Ribeiro,
> Vila Mauricéia
> | `. `'` CP: 126, CEP: 39401-089, Montes Claros - MG
> - Brasil
> | `- Fone: (38) 3229-8187 |
> ronaldo.reis_at_unimontes.br | chrysopa_at_gmail.com
> | http://www.ppgcb.unimontes.br/ | ICQ#: 5692561 |
> LinuxUser#: 205366
>
> ______________________________________________
> R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide
> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained,
> reproducible code.
>



R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code. Received on Thu 13 Dec 2007 - 14:40:54 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Thu 13 Dec 2007 - 15:30:19 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.