Re: [R] Analyzing Publications from Pubmed via XML

From: David Winsemius <dwinsemius_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:37:51 +0000 (UTC)

David Winsemius <dwinsemius_at_comcast.net> wrote in news:Xns9A09CA51DB1E4dNOTwinscomcast_at_80.91.229.13:

> "Armin Goralczyk" <agoralczyk_at_gmail.com> wrote in > news:a695fbee0712171238g4995040x579e58f52f83376e_at_mail.gmail.com:

>> I tried the above function with simple search terms and it worked
>> fine for me (also more output thanks to Martin's post) but when I use
>> search terms attributed to certain fields, i.e. with [au] or [ta], I
>> get the following error message:

>>> pm.srch()

>> 1: "laryngeal neoplasms[mh]"
>> 2:

> I am wondering if you used spaces, rather than "+"'s? If so then you > may want your function to do more gsub-processing of the input string.

I tried my theory that one would need "+"'s instead of spaces, but disproved it. Spaces in the input string seems to produce acceptable results on my WinXP/R.2.6.1/RGui system even with more complex search strings.

-- 
David Winsemius

______________________________________________
R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Received on Tue 18 Dec 2007 - 04:41:49 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Tue 18 Dec 2007 - 15:30:19 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.