Re: [R] Help needed in R

From: AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa <aaboueissa_at_usm.maine.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:55:04 -0500

Dear ALL:

Please see below. I hope this will make it more clear.

[1,] 1 1
 [2,] 1 1 number of all observations less than 1 with indicator 1 (including those 1 with indicator 1 but not 1 with indicator 0)=2
[3,] 1 0

 [4,]    1    0
 [5,]    1    0
 [6,]    1    0
 [7,]    1    0
 [8,]    1    0
 [9,]    1    0
[10,]    2    1
[11,]    2    1        number of all observations less than 2 with
indicator 1 (including those 2 with indicator 1 but not 2 with indicator 0)=11
[12,]    2    0
[13,]    2    0
[14,]    2    0
[15,]    2    0
[16,]    3    0
[17,]    3    0
[18,]    3    0
[19,]    3    0
[20,]    3    0
[21,]    3    0
[22,]    3    0
[23,]    3    0
[24,]    4    0
[25,]    4    0
[26,]    4    0
[27,]    4    0
[28,]    4    0
[29,]    5    1
[30,]    5    1
[31,]    5    1
[32,]    5    1
[33,]    5    1   number of all observations less than 5 with indicator
1 (including those 5 with indicator 1 but not 5 with indicator 0)=33
[34,]    5    0
[35,]    6    0
[36,]    6    0
[37,]    8    0
[38,]    9    0
[39,]    9    0
[40,]   10    1
[41,]   10    1
[42,]   10    1
[43,]   10    1  number of all observations less than 10 with indicator
1 (including those 10 with indicator 1 but not 10 with indicator 0)=43
[44,]   12    0
[45,]   14    0
[46,]   15    1     number of all observations less than 15 with
indicator 1 (including those 15 with indicator 1 but not 15 with indicator 0)=46
[47,]   15    0
[48,]   17    0
[49,]   23    0


How I can write an R code to do this.

Thanks

Abou



AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Statistics
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
University of Southern Maine
96 Falmouth Street
P.O. Box 9300
Portland, ME 04104-9300

Tel: (207) 228-8389
Fax: (207) 780-5607
Email: aaboueissa_at_usm.maine.edu

          aboueiss_at_yahoo.com
Office: 301C Payson Smith

>>> "Henrique Dallazuanna" <wwwhsd_at_gmail.com> 3/3/2008 11:38 AM >>>
For me is not very clear, but if I understand:

sapply(sort(unique(data[data[,2]==1,1])),

               function(x)sum(data[data[,2]==1 & data[,1] <= x, 1]))

But the output is:
2 6 31 71 86

On 03/03/2008, AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa <aaboueissa_at_usm.maine.edu> wrote:
> Dear Ellison:
>
> it did not do it.
>
> I edited my previous email to make my question more clear.
>
>
> The out put should be: (2,11,33,43,46)
>
> For example:
>
> number of all observations less than 1 with indicator 1 (including
those 1 with indicator 1 but not 1 with indicator 0) =2
>
> number of all observations less than 2 with indicator 1 (including
those 2 with indicator 1 but not 2 with indicator 0) =11
>
> number of all observations less than 5 with indicator 1 (including
those 5 with indicator 1 but not 5 with indicator 0) =33
>
> number of all observations less than 10 with indicator 1 (including
those 10 with indicator 1 but not 10 with indicator 0) =43
>
> number of all observations less than 15 with indicator 1 (including
those 15 with indicator 1 but not 15 with indicator 0) =46
>
>
>
> (1, 2,5,10,15) are the values in column one with indicator 1 in
column two.
>
>
> which means I need to create a vector(2,11,33,43,46) for the data in
column one.
>
>
>
>
>
> ==========================
> AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor of Statistics
> Department of Mathematics & Statistics
> University of Southern Maine
> 96 Falmouth Street
> P.O. Box 9300
> Portland, ME 04104-9300
>
> Tel: (207) 228-8389
> Fax: (207) 780-5607
> Email: aaboueissa_at_usm.maine.edu
> aboueiss_at_yahoo.com
> Office: 301C Payson Smith
>
>
>
> >>> "S Ellison" <S.Ellison@lgc.co.uk> 3/3/2008 10:36 AM >>>
> table(data[data[,2]==1,1])
>
>
> >>> "AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa" <aaboueissa_at_usm.maine.edu>
03/03/2008
> 15:20:21 >>>
>
> Dear ALL:
>
>
> How I can find the number of observations less than each value in
> column one with indicator 1 in column two. Please see the data
below.
>
>
> For example: number of observations less than 1 with indicator 1
> (including those 1 with indicator 1) =2
> number of observations less than 2 with indicator
1
> (including those 2 with indicator 1) =11
> number of observations less than 5 with indicator
1
> (including those 5 with indicator 1) =33
> number of observations less than 10 with
indicator
> 1 (including those 10 with indicator 1) =43
> number of observations less than 15 with
indicator
> 1 (including those 15 with indicator 1) =46
>
> (1, 2,5,10,15) are the values in column one with indicator 1 in
column
> two.
>
>
> which means I need to create a vector(2,11,33,43,46) for the data
in
> column one.
>
> With many thanks.
>
> Abou
>
> Here is the data:
> ===========
>
> Consider the following matrix:
>
>
data<-matrix(c(2,2,12,2,1,10,10,4,10,1,1,2,2,1,2,10,3,1,1,1,3,5,17,23,9,9,3,3,15,5,
> 4,5,5,5,4,8,1,15,3,3,1,6,3,6,3,4,5,14,4,
>
>
0,0,0,0,0,1,1,0,1,1,0,1,1,0,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,0,1,1,1,0,
> 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0),49,2)
>
>
> [,1] [,2]
> [1,] 2 0
> [2,] 2 0
> [3,] 12 0
> [4,] 2 0
> [5,] 1 0
> [6,] 10 1
> [7,] 10 1
> [8,] 4 0
> [9,] 10 1
> [10,] 1 1
> [11,] 1 0
> [12,] 2 1
> [13,] 2 1
> [14,] 1 0
> [15,] 2 0
> [16,] 10 1
> [17,] 3 0
> [18,] 1 1
> [19,] 1 0
> [20,] 1 0
> [21,] 3 0
> [22,] 5 1
> [23,] 17 0
> [24,] 23 0
> [25,] 9 0
> [26,] 9 0
> [27,] 3 0
> [28,] 3 0
> [29,] 15 1
> [30,] 5 1
> [31,] 4 0
> [32,] 5 1
> [33,] 5 1
> [34,] 5 1
> [35,] 4 0
> [36,] 8 0
> [37,] 1 0
> [38,] 15 0
> [39,] 3 0
> [40,] 3 0
> [41,] 1 0
> [42,] 6 0
> [43,] 3 0
> [44,] 6 0
> [45,] 3 0
> [46,] 4 0
> [47,] 5 0
> [48,] 14 0
> [49,] 4 0
>
>
>
>
> ==========================
> AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor of Statistics
> Department of Mathematics & Statistics
> University of Southern Maine
> 96 Falmouth Street
> P.O. Box 9300
> Portland, ME 04104-9300
>
> Tel: (207) 228-8389
> Fax: (207) 780-5607
> Email: aaboueissa_at_usm.maine.edu
> aboueiss_at_yahoo.com
> Office: 301C Payson Smith
>
> ______________________________________________
> R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide
> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>
>
> *******************************************************************
> This email and any attachments are confidential. Any
use...{{dropped:8}}
>
>
> ______________________________________________
> R-help@r-project.org mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide
http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>

-- 
Henrique Dallazuanna
Curitiba-Paraná-Brasil
25° 25' 40" S 49° 16' 22" O

______________________________________________
R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Received on Mon 03 Mar 2008 - 17:13:22 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Mon 03 Mar 2008 - 21:30:20 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.

list of date sections of archive