Re: [R] Quick question: Does this graph have a name?

From: knussear <>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 06:17:48 -0700 (PDT)

I have always heard this referred to as a stack bar graph.


mika03 wrote:
> Hi,
> I produced this graph with R and I am very happy with it. But now I
> wonder: Is this some standard way of displaying data and if so, does it
> have a name? (like Histogram, Box plot etc.)
> I need to explain the plot to people so knowing a bit more about what
> exactly this is, would certainly help ;-)
> Thanks a lot!

View this message in context:
Sent from the R help mailing list archive at

______________________________________________ mailing list
PLEASE do read the posting guide
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Received on Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 13:21:29 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 13:30:24 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.

list of date sections of archive