Re: [R] substitute in graphics - Uwe's help desk

From: Gustave Lefou <gustave5000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 14:57:37 +0200

Hello,

I still have my problem. I couldn't make Uwe Ligges's example work. I wonder why :-(

The following doesn't work :

param.list=list(mu1=0,mu2=0,s1=3,s2=2,s3=2,s4=4)

plot(1:8,type="n")
text(8,3,adj=1,labels=substitute("with " * mu == bgroup("(",atop(mu1,mu2),")") * "," * Sigma[x] == bgroup("(",atop(s1~~s3,s2~~s4),")"),param.list))

But this works :

plot(1:8,type="n")
text(8,3,adj=1,labels=substitute("with " * mu == bgroup("(",atop(mu1,mu2),")") * "," * Sigma[x] * "=" * bgroup("(",atop(s1~~s3,s2~~s4),")"),param.list))

So like in my problem the problem seems to be ==.

Thank you very much

2008/5/10 Gustave Lefou <gustave5000_at_gmail.com>:

> Thank to both of you.
>
> I found an interesting document by Uwe Ligges in Rnews December 2002 (Vol
> 2/3)
>
> The following seems encouraging
>
> x=seq(1,180,by=1)
> beta=10
> eta=5
> plot(x,log(x),type="p",xlab="x",ylab="h(x)",main=substitute("Failure rate "
> * eta==myeta * "," * beta ,list(myeta=eta,mybeta=beta)) )
>
> but then it fails :
>
> x=seq(1,180,by=1)
> beta=10
> eta=5
> plot(x,log(x),type="p",xlab="x",ylab="h(x)",main=substitute("Failure rate
> from W(" * eta==myeta * "," * beta==mybeta , ")"
> ,list(myeta=eta,mybeta=beta)) )
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> 2008/5/9 Henrique Dallazuanna <wwwhsd_at_gmail.com>:
>
>> Try this:
>>
>> plot(x, log(x),
>> xlab = "x", ylab = "h(x)",
>> main = bquote(Failure~rate~from~W(eta == .(eta), beta == .(beta)))
>>
>>
>> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Gustave Lefou <gustave5000_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have to do a few graphics of the same function and this function is
>>> parametrized by two arguments.
>>>
>>> What I would like is to be able to change the value of these two
>>> arguments
>>> without changing the plot command. So as to copy paste.
>>>
>>> I tried the following :
>>>
>>> x=1:100
>>> eta=10
>>> beta=5
>>> plot(x,h(x),xlab="x",ylab="h(x)",main=substitute( expression(
>>> paste("Failure
>>> rate from",W(eta==myeta,beta==mybeta) ) ) ,list(myeta=eta,mybeta=beta) )
>>> )
>>>
>>> But it doesn't work. It's written "expression ( Failure rate from
>>> W(eta=10,)
>>> ..." on the plot with eta as a greek letter.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much !
>>>
>>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>>>
>>> ______________________________________________
>>> R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
>>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>>> PLEASE do read the posting guide
>>> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>>> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Henrique Dallazuanna
>> Curitiba-Paraná-Brasil
>> 25° 25' 40" S 49° 16' 22" O
>
>
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]



R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code. Received on Sun 11 May 2008 - 13:00:45 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Sun 11 May 2008 - 18:30:37 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.

list of date sections of archive