[R] how to do trend test?

From: monogift <z_11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:03:10 -0700 (PDT)

say I have a categorical variable X with 3 levels coded as 1,2,3

and then I have a table of age, sex and etc, by X, which looks like the following:

               x-level1      x-level2      x-level3            p-trend
age             56                54             57                   ?
female%       67%             65%           66%                ?

my question is how to test if there is a statistically significant trend across x-levels for age and for sex?
any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!  

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-to-do-trend-test--tp17200200p17200200.html
Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Received on Tue 13 May 2008 - 07:34:56 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Tue 13 May 2008 - 08:30:37 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.

list of date sections of archive