Re: [R] shifting data in matrix by n rows

From: Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:52:06 -0400

See ?lag and in zoo ?lag.zoo. Both pages have examples. Using lag.zoo here it is with your data:

Lines <- "Date Apples Oranges Pears

1/7     2          3            5
2/7     1          4            7
3/7     3          8            10
4/7     5          7            2
5/7     6          3            5"

library(zoo)

# z <- read.zoo("myfile.dat", header = TRUE, format = "%d/%m") z <- read.zoo(textConnection(Lines), header = TRUE, format = "%d/%m")

lag(z, -1, na.pad = TRUE)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:12 PM, rcoder <michael.larsson_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thanks very much for all your replies.
>
> I'm interested in hearing more about the lag function. I remember coming
> across this in the R intro manual, but I couldn't figure out how to apply it
> to my case. Does anyone know how it is applied, assuming a time series data
> frame?
>
> Thanks,
>
> rcoder
>
>
>
> Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
>>
>> If its a zoo or ts time series you can use the lag function.
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 2:57 PM, rcoder <michael.larsson_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I have some data in a matrix, and I want to shift it down by one row. The
>>> matrix in question has a date column. Does anyone know of a way to shift
>>> the
>>> data by one row, whilst preserving the date column in the matrix - i.e.
>>> shift the data and leave the date column in the current location?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> rcoder
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/shifting-data-in-matrix-by-n-rows-tp18368420p18368420.html
>>> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>> ______________________________________________
>>> R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
>>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>>> PLEASE do read the posting guide
>>> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>>> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>>>
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>> PLEASE do read the posting guide
>> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>>
>>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/shifting-data-in-matrix-by-n-rows-tp18368420p18389841.html
> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ______________________________________________
> R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>



R-help_at_r-project.org mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code. Received on Thu 10 Jul 2008 - 21:57:21 GMT

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0, at Fri 11 Jul 2008 - 09:31:54 GMT.

Mailing list information is available at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help. Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.

list of date sections of archive