Re: [R] loading gap package

From: Uwe Ligges <ligges_at_statistik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Wed 04 May 2005 - 19:09:08 EST

Constantinos Antoniou wrote:

>
> On 4 בת 2005, at 11:35 נל, Uwe Ligges wrote:
>

>> Eduwin Pakpahan wrote:
>>
>>> Dear R users, I did install R. 2.0.1, and try to load "gap" package. 
>>> However, below is the message shown when I did load it. Can anybody
>>> please let me know my mistakes?
>>> ----
>>>
>>>> library()
>>>> library(gap)
>>>
>>> Loading required package: MASS Loading required package: genetics 
>>> Loading required package: combinat Loading required package: gdata 
>>> Error: package 'gdata' could not be loaded
>>> In addition: Warning message: There is no package called 'gdata' in: 
>>> library(pkg, character.only =
>>> TRUE, logical = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc)
>>> ----
>>
>>
>>
>> Let me read the error message for you:
>> "There is no package 'gdata'" simply means the package is not there...
>> So what about installing it?
>>
>> Hint: it is part of the package bundle "gregmisc".
>>

>
> I have a similar problem with R 2.1.0 on Mac OSX 10.3.9.
>
> > library(gregmisc)
> Loading required package: gdata
> Error: package 'gdata' could not be loaded
> In addition: Warning message:
> there is no package called 'gdata' in: library(pkg, character.only =
> TRUE, logical = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc)
>
> At first I tried getting this gdata from somewhere else, but I could not
> find it (evidence indicated that it is part of the gregmisc, as I
> suspected originally... You email confirms this...)
>
> (For the record, my goal is to get read.xls, which is part (?) of gdata)

Please check whether your gregmisc installation is up to date (version 2.0.6).
Please reinstall and try again. Works perfectly for me.

Uwe Ligges

> Thanks,
>
> Costas
>
>
>
>

>> Uwe Ligges
>>
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Edwin
>>> ______________________________________________
>>> R-help@stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
>>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>>> PLEASE do read the posting guide! 
>>> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>>
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> R-help@stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>> PLEASE do read the posting guide! 
>> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>>
>>

>

>

R-help@stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help PLEASE do read the posting guide! http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html Received on Wed May 04 19:15:17 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Fri 03 Mar 2006 - 03:31:34 EST