Re: [R] DCOM 1.3.5 Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040013 on iR.Init("R")

From: Prof Brian Ripley <>
Date: Thu 31 Aug 2006 - 17:48:38 EST

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, wrote:

> Hallo Everyone,
> I have a problem getting R DCom to work on a MS Server 2003. I am using
> Visual Studio 2005 to use some statistical functions from R. I have
> installed DCOM 1.3.5. but as soon as the statement iR.Init("R") is executed
> I get the following error:
> Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040013
> I have checked the path and the environmental variables and there are none
> associated with the RDCom, which is what I would expect.
> I searched the registry for differences between my laptop (Windows XP SP2)
> where it works but have not found anything useful
> I have also tried to install Version 2.0.0 from
> But this did not
> resolve the prblem
> Any ideas?

That page tells you the appropriate mailing list for questions about that software, or you can do as the R posting guide asks and contact the authors/maintainers.

Brian D. Ripley,        
Professor of Applied Statistics,
University of Oxford,             Tel:  +44 1865 272861 (self)
1 South Parks Road,                     +44 1865 272866 (PA)
Oxford OX1 3TG, UK                Fax:  +44 1865 272595

______________________________________________ mailing list
PLEASE do read the posting guide
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Received on Thu Aug 31 23:06:17 2006

Archive maintained by Robert King, hosted by the discipline of statistics at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.1.8, at Fri 01 Sep 2006 - 00:24:06 EST.

Mailing list information is available at Please read the posting guide before posting to the list.